Uber is an affordable transportation option that won’t break the bank. Don’t waste your time waiting for a taxi when you can get an Uber in usually under 15 minutes.
We love Uber and use the app whenever and wherever possible. Download the Uber app to your smart phone or tablet (Wi-Fi or cell service required to use the app), setup your profile, and add a form of payment. You are ready to request a ride.
NOTE: It is best to create your profile and add your payment before your first ride request. Use the app at home at least once before using abroad to familiarize yourself.
How to use the Uber app:
- Enter the destination in the “Where to?” field
- See Uber options and wait time.
- Choose the option that suites you best and confirm
- Monitor your driver until he/she arrives
- On completion of trip depart the vehicle – no need for payment.
- View receipt via email
There are a lot of great reasons to use Uber:
- You know the cost of the trip at the time you request the Uber.
- Everything goes through the app so you don’t have to worry about the drive taking the LONG way.
- Wait time is minimal.
- No need to have cash, your payment will be charged to your payment on file and a receipt will be sent via email.
- You can request various size vehicles.
- You see the drivers name, make/model of the car, and license plate number for easy recognition
- The driver knows the exact destination of your trip based off your request.
- Cars are clean and maintained.
- You can monitor the location of your Uber driver within the Uber app, letting you know when he/she arrives.
- You only need Wi-Fi or cell service when requesting the driver. Once the driver has picked you up from your destination you will no longer need the app open.
Tips when using Uber:
- When carrying luggage, wait for the driver to exit the vehicle before you exit the vehicle to avoid the driver leaving with your luggage.
- Be as descriptive as possible on pickup location, especially when in a large area like an airport.
- Choose drivers based on reviews and be sure to review the driver for the next passenger
- Check ahead of time to make sure Uber is available in the area. Airports that offer Uber service.
Understanding the Uber types:
- UberX seats up to 4 passengers. Uber X cars are typically regular sedans like the Toyota Prius, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, etc.
- UberXL seats 6 passengers. UberXL cars are SUVs and minivans and usually cost more than UberX
- UberSelect is Uber’s entry-level luxury service that seats up to 4 riders. Select cars are brands like BMW, Mercededs, Audi, etc.
- UberPOOL is the least expensive. With Pool, you share your Uber with another Uber user and split the cost, similar to car pooling.
- UberBLACK and UberSUV is Uber’s luxury service. Commercially registered and insured livery vehicles, typically a black SUV or luxury sedan and is the most expensive.
NOTE: We are not receiving anything from Uber. Blog is based solely off our experience.
#uber #budgettravel #transporation #budgettransportation #travelingmovesme #travelblogger #travelwithus #ride #rideshare