DID YOU KNOW:
1. There are approximately 3,300 commercial airplanes with 660,000 passengers flying over the U.S. at any given time.
2. The U.S. has the most airports of any country (approximately 1/3 of all) with over 15,000.
3. Citizens of Austria get the most vacation time. They are promised 22 paid vacation days and 13 paid holidays. Other European countries like Spain, Germany, and Denmark are not far behind.
4. Traveling, and experiencing new cultures can make you smarter.
5. Being exposed to new perspective and experiences through travel also makes you more creative.
6. Travel benefits people immediately. It makes a person happier and upon arriving at their destination, 89% of travelers say their stress is diminished.
7. Traveling, especially alone, can strengthen you problem solving skills. Traveling together, can enhance intimacy and relationships.
8. The shortest flight for sale lasts two minutes. The Loganair Westray to Papa Westray route is the shortest scheduled passenger flight in the world. Flights on this route are scheduled for one and a half minutes, and actual flying time is closer to one minute. The record for the fastest flight is 53 seconds.
9. Taking a vacation can lower your risk for heart disease.
10. The world’s longest flight, Doha, Qatar to Auckland, New Zealand, lasts 16 hours and 23 minutes and covers 9,032 miles. However United just announced in June of 2017 a non-stop flight from Los Angeles, California to Singapore that will take 18 hours. The distance is less though at 8,700 miles.