Our top 20 reason why you should take a scarf when you travel!
You will find a scarf in our top travel essentials and in our packing tips. There are so many reasons to pack one!
You might not realize that on top of using a scarf as an actual scarf there are so many other ways to use one when you are traveling. Here are out top 20……
- Blanket on a plane – a plane can get really chilly especially on long overseas flights so its nice to have an extra layer of warmth
- Cover up in a church, cathedral, or holy place – many places of worship or holy places require you to cover your arms and legs to below the knee.
- Added warmth on a chilly night – use it as a shawl to stay warm when the sun sets
- Stand in for a beach towel
- Picnic blanket
- Protection from the sun
- Wet it and wrap it around your head to cool your body
- Roll it for a makeshift pillow – whether on a plane, in a car, or delayed at an airport, it will make a nice pillow
- In the case of an emergency it can be used as a tourniquet
- Instant Bag – knot each corner then tie the 2 knots on each side together
- Sling for your arm – if you injure your arm
- Protection against sand, dust, and wind
- Head cover for protection or religious reasons
- Table cloth
- Baby sling
- Pillow case – lay over your pillow in a hotel so you don’t come in contact with the pillow
- Seat cover – in case you encounter a dirty seat
- Bathing suite cover up
- Privacy – let’s say you have to use the bathroom and there is no door, have someone hold up the scarf
- Towel – of course this works best if the material is right
We prefer a cotton or pashmina type scarf. Your travel destination should determine what type of scarf you pack. If you are going someplace warm then consider a cotton or silk scarf. Cooler places should be a heavier cotton, cashmere, or wool blend. Our preferred size is a shawl type scarf usually 59X59. A good scarf for men is the Shemagh Tactical. This is the scarf directly pictures on the right.